Friday, September 4, 2009

A slightly Different Approach to Grafting

When I work the concept of "Grafting" I try to answer some specific questions. Such as; "Why would I need to?", "How would I do it?" and maybe "What would I graft to or from?" These questions would be at the top of my list.

I try to teach grafting in a way that is logical and not just sticking things together. I find little value in just doing techniques "one after the other" in the air and say to myself, "There you go. Good job grafting!"

Looking for ways and means to smoothly transition , if needed, from a technique to another or maybe the extension of a different technique, brings up the "Whys" of doing the action.

Over the past decade I have spent a lot of time and energy looking at the concept of "grafting" as I know it. I have identified five different "Bridges" that I use to define the "When and how" of the process we refer to as "grafting".

These five "Bridges" are part of the Grafting Matrix that I use as a visual aid to understand what happens during a physical exchange where grafting or bridging is necessary. This is a personal aid. Your mileage may vary.

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment